Thursday, August 30, 2018

Why Blessings and Blue Skies?

Blue skies have a special meaning to me. They are the clear weather in which I used to fly my little Cessna airplane. VFR means Visual Flight Rules--good weather flying only. How I loved to fly in a beautiful, clear sky! I never did go for my instrument rating. It seemed too much like work. To me, flying was a hobby--like golf or sailing for others. I took flying seriously and always to be safe. But I never had career ambition in that area.  Of course, an instrument rating likely keeps you safe should you end up in bad weather on the way home from a $100 hamburger. When I return to flying I'll train for it right away. For now, my pilots license will not go bad so long as I don't commit any crimes, haha. A couple of lessons to learn the current regs and showing an instructor that I am safe enough and I could be back in the air. The medical exam shouldn't be problem. So, I still hold the hope of getting back in the air one day. Alas, this is not the time. Divine order. Flying requires focus. Right now my focus is on being the best Unity minister I can be. That's where my heart is, even as I look up to help all the other planes fly. 

Like the song says, blue skies make me happy. Just to look at the gorgeous blue above (even better with puffy, white cumulus clouds) lifts my spirit instantly. Blue skies mean breathe, open to the glorious, great expanse of creation you are part of. Blue skies say 'go forward--do what you are here to do, go where you are meant to go, create what you are here in this moment to create." Blue skies invite you into the world outside your four walls, whether it is hot or cold, blue skies say 'yes, be grateful, today--this moment--is filled with potential. It is a gift.' 

Over time, Lesleyblueskies became a sort of identity. I like it. @lesleyblueskies are even my Twitter and Facebook names. While I am in-between airplanes, flying is still very much part of who I am. So are the many blessings I receive daily and wish for everyone.

I invite you to try it for yourself. No, not flying an airplane... although if you want to, know that you can! Stop for a brief moment the next nice day you are outside. Look up and see if the sky above you is blue. If it is, give a little smile. You have received a gift. Say 'thank you' and feel blessed.

Blessings and blue skies!
Lesley

No comments:

Post a Comment